I recently finished a few projects that I was working on for the babies. I made each of them a quilt. I was so excited to get both finished before the babies arrived. There is nothing like a deadline to keep the pressure on.
![]() |
| Quilt for our boy. I must admit that this isn't my favorite quilt that I have ever made, but I do think the brown binding helped me like it better. |
![]() |
| Quilt for our girl. I really like how this one turned out. Rebecah did too. She was a little envious of this quilt since the quilt I made her as a baby wasn't pink and purple. |
Since we will have two babies and two car seats I decided to make a car seat cover. Someone had made me a small tied fleece blanket when Kimball was born and it was the perfect size to fit over the car seat during the winter. I decided to make a similar one, only in girl colors instead of buying an actual cover. For $7 I was able to make this and a little blanket for Rebecah.
![]() |
| Car seat cover. |
I wanted to make Rebecah's blanket as big as I could from the left over fleece so instead of tying it I just did a blanket stitch on it. She was thrilled with the blanket even though it is on the small side. I think it is the perfect lap blanket.
![]() |
| Rebecah's fleece. I finished it after Rebecah was asleep so I put it on her to surprise her in the morning. |
My other projects have included getting the babies' room ready. Rebecah enjoyed helping with this project so I always had to wait until she was home from school to work in the room. I also stocked my freezer with dinners, bread, cookie dough (we have to have the essentials covered), jam and applesauce. My freezer is now quite full and I'm just waiting for these babies to arrive. We are down to 17 days and we are all excited!




2 comments:
Oh we're so excited for you...I love your baby projects. Can't wait to see pics of the babies!
Annette, I haven't checked blogs in such a long time and did so the other night to get caught up on people's lives. You're having twins!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your family. You are such a good mom and those babies are lucky! I hope all is going well. Can't wait to see the next update :-)
Post a Comment