Saturday, September 27, 2014

Trip to Ontario Orchards

Last weekend Joseph took the kids to Ontario Orchards, a farm about an hour from our house.  I fully intended for it to be our last fun outing as a family before the babies arrive, but I didn't quite make it on the journey.  I started having contractions the night before so Joseph thought it best if I stay home and in my gut I knew he was right so I took one for the team and stayed home.  I REALLY wanted to go though.  I had looked forward to it all week.

Apparently there were a lot of different vendors selling things and then you could buy an inexpensive arm band and have unlimited jumps on the inflatable toys.  The kids enjoyed those.  There was also a tractor ride to and from the parking lot.

Jumping around.

A view of the vendors.

Kimball and Rebecah going up the slide.

It is hard to see, but I think Rebecah has such a happy expression in this picture.

Going down together.

After the kids played for a while they went apple picking for me.  Together with Joseph they picked a bushel of apples.  There were 3 varieties ready for picking...Gala, Cortland, and McIntosh, and I just had them pick an assortment of all three.

Picking apples.


I was glad everyone had a fun time.  I was productive at home and did put my feet up a bit.  It's hard to stay down when I think of all that I need to do.

On Wednesday we turned our bushel of apples into applesauce.  That was a big job, but I was glad I could have help from the family. 

No comments: