I know I haven't blogged much about my pregnancy or the babies, but I just don't want to overwhelm everyone with baby posts. Just because the babies are at the center of our family's focus doesn't mean it is at the center of the rest of your lives. But, for those who are curious...
I'm 33 weeks and things are going surprisingly well. When I was told at 9 weeks that I would have twins I was terrified of all of the pregnancy complications that I just assumed would accompany a twin pregnancy. So far, knock on wood, my pregnancy has been free of most twin complications. No dehydration, major swelling, bed rest etc. I feel well most of the time, although I have noticed that it is harder to bend over with two bodies in there rather than just one.
The biggest change for me is going to the doctor so much. I started 2 week appointments at 24 weeks, before then they were every 3 weeks. I have been going weekly since week 30. I will now go in for visits twice a week. I'm currently measuring small and at my ultrasound last week the babies were estimated to be a little on the small size...16th and 30th percentile. Since they are on the small side I will now have the twice a week appointments which will include fetal monitoring, a brief ultrasound and then visit with the doctor. I will also have ultrasounds every 2 weeks instead of 4 to check the growth of the babies. Every two weeks is the absolute soonest that they can do ultrasound measurements while still accounting for measurement error. The fetal monitoring is to ensure that the babies aren't in distress since they are small. Each appointment takes about 2 hours so that is at least 4 hours a week I am spending at the doctor's office!
The babies are both head up right now. I'm really not surprised by this. Kimball and Rebecah were both in the footling breach position so I figured it was just a matter of time before these babies got in the upright position. I think they just have more room if they are upright.
I hope was hoping for some ultrasound pictures, but with the babies packed in so tightly I never get pictures anymore since it is hard to get a good angle for printing pictures.
Any prayers that the babies will grow to a healthy weight so they don't have to linger in the NICU are appreciated.
My c-section date was moved up from October 22 to October 16. October 16th would put me at 38 weeks which is considered full-term for twins. If I make this scheduled c-section date, all of my kids will have been born on a Thursday.
Rebecah, like the rest of us, is VERY excited for the babies to come. She kept asking when they would arrive so we decided to make a paper chain so she can rip off a link every day and note the progress. We have about 35 days to go, or 5 weeks. Rebecah loves to help get the babies' room ready and she doesn't like me working on it without her.
1 comment:
I lovereading about your babies (all 4 of them!) I'm so glad you are doing so well. We pray every night for your family and hope they make it to the due date. Only 5 more weeks!
Post a Comment