Thursday, October 23, 2014

Annette's 35th Birthday

I turned 35 on the 10th of October.  It was a good birthday, although not a typical one.  Usually for birthdays I make special treats for breakfast to get the day started on the right foot.  Well, since I was 6 days from delivery I wanted to make sure I continued to eat healthy, so no fun breakfast for me.

I did get together for lunch with some friends.  We had it at a friend's house so we could visit without feeling rushed in a restaurant.  It was fun to visit with friends since it was probably my last big hurrah for a while.  One of my friends made a yummy cake with a chocolate mousse filling and a ganache topping.  I wanted a HUGE piece, but there wasn't any room.



I actually didn't eat dinner on my birthday.  I made pancakes and eggs for everyone else, but I wanted to have room to enjoy my chocolate truffle cake.  I make this cake once a year, on my birthday, and I look forward to eating it all year long.  I decided that since it was my birthday I deserved a piece of it so I skipped dinner so I would have room for dessert.  Very little stomach room is the way it goes when pregnant with twins.




Joseph gave me a Willow Tree Nativity that I have been eyeing for a while.  He didn't want to give it to me for Christmas so I begged for it for my birthday.  I love it and I already have it out on display, although not as prominently as it will be come December.  




At Beaver Lake Park the day after my birthday.



I was glad the babies didn't come on my birthday.  As eager as I was for their arrival, I am selfish and I didn't want to share my birthday with one baby let alone two.  If I did, my birthday would never be special for me again so not arriving on my birthday was my present from the babies.


1 comment:

Brenda said...

Congratulations Annette and Joseph! So happy for your sweet little family! Perfect names and perfect babies! I've been checking your blog often awaiting their arrival! Glad as is well! My sister, Karen, had her #3 baby this year and he decided to come early - on her birthday. She felt as you do...but, it changed :)

Much
Love,
Brenda