Friday, September 5, 2014

Roommates

This week we moved Rebecah into Kimball's room.  They will share a room until the babies are old enough to sleep in big beds and then the boys will share a room and the girls will share.  

The switch has gone really well.  Kimball was very against Rebecah's things being in his room at first.  He is the type that really needs his own space, but the kids are getting along as well as they always do.  For now I think it is a novelty to be sharing a room and they have built legos side by side using their own Legos.  They also like to talk in bed at night.

We didn't want Rebecah to feel that she had to give up her room and all of her girly things so we made sure to give her a special space.  She and I went out and picked out some girl sheets.  She picked Frozen sheets.  Joseph also hung up her Princess poster, a Disney calendar and her Sunbeam frame from her teacher.  Kimball was dismayed to not get to sleep on the top bunk and he wants to rotate every month, but I'm not so sure about that yet.

Rebecah's sanctuary.

We also started getting the room ready for the babies.  Since Rebecah will be returning to that room in 2 years or so we aren't repainting it for the babies.  It seems a waste of time, money and energy to repaint it. We do have the cribs and changing table set up.  We need some extra man power to move out the futon that Rebecah was sleeping on, but once that is out of the way it will be all ready.  We also have the car seats ready in there as well as the baby clothes and bouncer seats.  I wanted everything ready by week 32 and I think we made it.

2 comments: