Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Whetstone Gulf State Park and Joseph's Birthday


We celebrated Joseph's birthday toward the end of May on the 24th.  Our celebration actually started on the 23rd with a hike at Whetstone Gulf State Park.  Joseph wanted to go hiking so we borrowed two baby carriers and off we went.  It was a cool day with temps in the upper 40s to lower 50s so it was nice not being hot.  Kimball refused to wear long pants and long sleeves so he actually complained the entire hike about being cold.  It was very un-Kimball like because I don't remember him ever complaining when being on a hike.  Hopefully he learned his lesson about listening to Mom and Dad when we recommend dressing warmer.

The hike wasn't as pretty as I thought it would be.  We were supposed to be hiking above a gorge.  Joseph said we just didn't go far enough since we turned around early for the cold one.  Rebecah did GREAT on this hike.  If you remember last year when we went hiking I would have to bribe her with snacks, but this year she didn't complain until the very end and she said she was cold just once.  We were actually walking through a really windy part of the trail so it was cold.

The babies did great.  Lincoln started off on Joseph's back, but he ended up in the front carrier with me.  He is a Mama's boy after all!

Here are some pictures of our trip.  My favorite pictures are the selfies Joseph took with each of the babies!

Annika and Joseph.  She is such a trooper.  She rarely
 complains or cries, but when she does....watch out!

Lincoln started off all smiles, but I think he was just too uncomfortable in the back pack.

Along the trail.


You can't see us very well.  Since we both had to carry a baby we didn't want to be burdened
with our nice camera so we just used the camera on Joseph's phone.

Sitting by the stream at the base of the trail.

After our hike the kids played on the playground.  This was Kimball's
favorite part.  He waited a long time for the chance to use this.  
Joseph's actual birthday was Sunday.  He requested cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  I put cream cheese frosting on them and they were quite good, if I do say so myself.  We ended up eating lunch with a Cambodian woman from church.  She fed us so much food we just had fruit and cake for dinner that night.  We had to make sure we got the "good stuff" first.

The birthday boy.  I think he looks pretty well preserved for 34!


I love this picture.  Annika is so excited to see the candles.
 She wasn't as close as she seems to be.
 Joseph requested a chocolate cake with a Reese's filling/frosting.  It consisted of chopped Reese's peanut butter cups, cream cheese and cool whip.  I was glad he requested this because I had been in the mood for it and almost made it for Mother's Day until he said he wanted it for his birthday.

Not the best of Lincoln or Joseph, but we get so few pictures
 of ourselves holding the babies so I wanted to include it.

We are so glad that Joseph is our husband and father.  He takes his roll as patriarch of our family very seriously and he works hard to provide for us.  The kids love all of the time that he spends with them. We always miss him when he is at work.  I couldn't imagine my life without him by my side.


No comments: