Thursday, June 25, 2015

Father's Day

I love holidays, even the little ones.  I always try to make even the little holidays special with decorations and food.  I think Mother's Day and Father's Day are especially fun because the kids are in school and make fun crafts at school and church for us.  For Father's Day we make a special craft at home too.  

The "home" craft this year were tie cards.  The inside of the card was a questionnaire that the kids filled out and then the card had ribbon so Joseph could tie it around his neck.  He wore his ties proudly all day.  He wore Kimball's in the morning and Rebecah's after church.  

We are so lucky to have such a wonderful Dad.  Joseph is fun but firm and loving.  He does such a good job playing with the kids, involving them in his projects, and disciplining them with the perfect amount of love while still teaching the kids boundaries, respect and responsibility.  The kids affectionately call Joseph, D.O. which stands for "Daddy-O".  I actually think I started it back in Arkansas, but the kids call him D.O. all of the time.  It's cute. 


Kimball and Joseph with all of the fun things Kimball made for him.

Rebecah with the card she made at school and
 Joseph is wearing his tie she made at home.

No comments: