The babies are 7 months old now. Time continues to fly by at unbelievable speed. Lincoln is still very much a mama's boy, but he will still go to most people, especially if I'm not in view. He is fairly mellow and content to just sit in the same place. He pivots around, but doesn't roll over often. None of my kids have every rolled across the floor like you hear some babies doing. Fine by me. His first two teeth popped up this month. He loves being outside and having his diaper changed. He is doing better at eating food, but prefers all of his fruits and vegetables mixed in with his cereal. He loves to chew on anything he can reach and exam them. He still isn't sleeping through the night, but he does now take all of his naps in his crib. We have come a long way from the babies only sleeping in their car seats to both sleeping in the same room in their cribs. Lincoln loves to cover his face when he sleeps and it makes me very nervous. Once he is asleep I always go in and uncover his face, but when I check on him again he has recovered his face.
Both babies loved chewing on the tape measure and examining it. I took it away from Lincoln so I could take pictures without it and he cried like his heart was broken.
| Playing together surrounded by pillows. They still fall back occasionally so we try to keep pillows behind them. |
Annika is the life of the party. She is full of energy and fire, just like Rebecah was at this age. Annika is quick to smile and goes to just about anyone. She is usually happy, but she can go from happy to Hulk in a matter of seconds if something upsets her. She definitely lets someone know when she is upset. She is moving all over the place. She will roll around, but not to get places. She likes to scoot herself into a corner of her and then cry because she doesn't like her head pushing against the bars. She loves solid foods, but we struggle to get her to drink enough during the day. We have to be very careful to limit her solid food intake so she will still drink enough milk each day.
Annika's favorite game is to steal Lincoln's pacifier from his mouth and put it in her own mouth even though she is holding her own pacifier. She will do it over and over and Lincoln just cries. I'm sure he'll fight back soon enough. I know, I know, not very sanitary, but when you have two babies it's hard to be germ free. I realized just recently that they suck on the same toys and I can't be washing toys constantly trying to keep their germs of each other. I do try to keep their spoons separate when I feed them and when I can I TRY to keep Annika from stealing Lincoln's pacifier.
We love our babies so much. They are a joy and a blessing in our home. I wouldn't trade all the sleepless nights if it meant not having these two as part of our family. We love having twins!
No comments:
Post a Comment