Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Moment We Have Been Waiting For...


Today I had my ultrasound to get a good view of the babies.  We were able to schedule the appointment at 7:30 in the morning so Kimball could be there with us and still make it to school on time.  He is very adamant about having perfect attendance this year and not being tardy.  We have all been excited to find out the genders of our babies.  Last night I got a little nervous though working myself up that something would be wrong...I did the same thing before the u/s for Kimball and Rebecah.

The good news is that both babies look perfect and are growing as they should be.  Check out the pictures below...

Side by side profile pictures.

Our sweet baby girl.

Our precious baby boy.

We are SO excited to be having a boy and a girl.  That is what all of us have wanted to keep Kimball and Rebecah happy so they can each "have" a baby to care for and play with.  We knew about baby boy first and Kimball was thrilled and I was elated when I saw the parts for baby girl.  It took a second for the ultrasound tech to announce the girl because she was waiting for the kids to look at the screen.  We have a few names in mind but until we officially decide we won't broadcast those yet.  Rebecah DID suggest the name George and I told her absolutely not.  Joseph and I have ultimate veto power when it comes to naming the babies!

In other news, I'm feeling much better now that the nausea has passed for the  most part.  I still occasionally feel sick depending on what I have eaten.  I always start my day so thirsty and between the hours of 6 and 10 I usually drink at least 5- 8 oz. glasses of water/milk.  This is new for me because I have always struggled to drink enough liquid.  I know dehydration with twins can be a common problem so I hope this need for water continues without having to force myself to drink.

3 comments:

Music City Coffeys said...

Awww....congrats. It was meant to be! So excited for you guys.

Chris and Katie said...

Congrats! That's exciting to have one more boy and a girl!

Holley said...

Wow! So awesome to be having a boy and a girl! I'm so excited for you.