Kimball's teacher celebrates all of the summer birthday the last few weeks of school. It just so happened that 9 of the 22 students had summer birthdays so the kids had a lot of treats the last 2 weeks of school. Rebecah and I went to have lunch with Kimball on the day he celebrated his birthday. I took him McDonald's and brought cupcakes for his treat.
![]() |
| Birthday lunch with Kimball. |
Kimball really misses school and teases me every day that he is going to go outside to wait for the bus. It has been fun to see his confidence grow in his reading and writing abilities and to just see him excel as a student. Kimball had a great teacher this year. We couldn't have asked for a better teacher to help Kimball not only transition to public school for the first time but also to First Grade.
One activity that the class did that I really liked was to write one word describing each classmate. Some of the qualities that the kids wrote for Kimball were: Smart, funny, cute, handsome, exciting, loving, and nice. I loved volunteering in his classroom because the kids always transferred some of their affection for Kimball to me because they liked him so much.
Here are the first and last day of school pictures to compare his growth and maturity.
| The happy kindergartner. I couldn't get a great expression from him. |
| Here is a picture of Kimball on the last day of school. I think he has grown a fair amount this year...he at least has his two front teeth again! |

1 comment:
He has changed so much in just one year!
Post a Comment