Monday, June 30, 2014

Soccer

Kimball wanted to sign up for soccer this year so we did.  Neither Joseph, nor I, am big into pushing our kids to play sports until they express interest in it.  There are so many worthwhile activities to be involved in and for us sports isn't one of them.  As long as our kids are healthy and enjoy exercising, i don't care if they are on a team or not.

Anyway, we signed Kimball up for soccer and it ended up being perfect.  It was more of a weekly soccer skills camp than an actual team with games.  For me this was perfect because when we signed up I wasn't sure how I would be feeling and I didn't want to be committed to multiple practices/games a week if I wasn't feeling well.  As it turned out, Joseph was able to take Kimball to most of his practices since he wasn't working.

Here are some pictures of Kimball's last night.  He really improved a lot and learned a lot of the drills.  Kimball was much more willing to do drills with Joseph at home after he saw the coaches doing them at practice.




We call this Kimball's "yellow card" picture since he is elbowing the girl in front of him.
It probably would have only been a foul!




Every child received a nice medal for participating.  Kimball LOVED his medal.

Holding up his medal and wearing his soccer shirt.

No comments: