Saturday, June 26, 2010

New Purse

Most people will look at the title of this blog and think "Big Deal". But the truth is for me to have a new purse is a HUGE deal. I haven't carried or owned a purse for probably 12 years! In college it was just one more thing to lug around to class so I stopped using one and kept everything in my backpack. I got used to not having one and have used a little ugly green wallet that my mom gave me 12 years ago because it fits in my back pocket. I almost always have pants with pockets so as long as I have a place for my wallet, keys and chapstick I don't need anything else.

I still don't NEED a purse, but I was visiting family a few weeks ago and my sister Heather had just gotten a new Vera Bradley purse and I fell in love with it. I thought it would make a nice small diaper bag. Heather did a blog post about her new purse so I won't go into too many details.

Long story short, I splurged and bought a purse to use as a diaper bag and it arrived yesterday. I love it and will carry it around more than I would a normal diaper bag just because I love it. My splurge was only a splurge for me since most people would splurge buying a purse at full price...mine was 50% off

No comments: