Monday, March 27, 2017

St. Patrick's Day 2017

St. Patrick's Day didn't exactly sneak up on me this year, but it wasn't on my mental radar either.  The night before I realized I hadn't bought any Leprechaun gold so after a church meeting I had to stop at the store on my way home for some "gold".  We usually use Rolos but this year I went with Hershey Nuggets and the kids didn't mind.

For dinner I wasn't excited about spending  a lot of money on corned beef so I just made Irish soda bread and we had spinach burgers to go along with the bread.  For dessert I made a pistachio cake with a pistachio pudding frosting.  It was better than some of the other green desserts we have had over the years.




Lincoln and Annika didn't want to wear any green so they didn't.  I did grab a picture of every else in green at the tail end of the day.


I know the picture frames are really outdated but there's only so much time in the day!


No comments: