Eden turned 5 months old yesterday! She is such a joy in our family. Everyone loves her. She continues to be mellow and content. She is so mellow that she hasn't rolled over yet and doesn't really care to try. She is starting to sit for a few seconds at a time. She weighs about 14 lbs and is roughly 24.25 inches.
We love her smile and her laugh. Lincoln is playing with her more and I love to see them laughing together. It actually melts my heart to watch them. She sleeps through the night most of the time. She hasn't started solid food yet. We aren't in a big hurry. I want to keep her a baby for as long as I can. She is a dream come true! I am easing her into a sleeping schedule on the days we are home and she is doing really well. She likes to turn her face into a blanket or hood so I always wrap her in something big and fluffy so she can bury her face.
Here are some--a lot--of pictures of her. I can't narrow down my favorite pictures. I probably take more pictures of her than I ever took with any of my other babies. It's just so easy to snap pictures of her with my phone.
We'll start with pictures of Eden with Joseph and me. They aren't great of Joseph and me, but they'll work:
Here are her bigger jammies. They seem so huge, but the other sleeper was getting too small.
Here she is telling me a little story. I love her soft, fuzzy hair!
Stroller ride and more smiles!
Playing with Lincoln in the tent. I think Edie looks like me in the last picture. I think Edie looks the most like me of any of the kids.
One silly thing that I do that I just need to document is that I sing to her in the mornings. When she sleeps through the night I greet her in the morning with the "Good morning" song from Singing in the Rain. My sisters and I loved that movie growing up. I change the words just a little to fit Edie sleeping: "Good morning! Good morning! You've slept the whole night through, good morning, good morning to you! Good morning! Good morning! You are a perfect girl, good morning, good morning to you!" I sing it so much that I catch Rebecah, Lincoln and Annika singing the song to Edie, too! It's little moments like this that bring an extra smile to my face!!
No comments:
Post a Comment