Joseph is currently on a 9 day trip to Guatemala. That's a long time to have him gone. I tried to plan a few extra fun things to help keep the blues away while he has been gone. I took each of the big kids out on a ice cream date and then one day we went to the Zoo. We hadn't been to the Zoo in Syracuse. I just hate to pay for the zoo when we can visit the St. Louis zoo free of charge. We finally went though. A woman from church knew I was on my own so she offered to take the kids for a day, instead of doing that I invited her to come to the zoo with us. It was fun having this lady along and it gave me an opportunity to get to know her better. The weather was nice and it is a small enough zoo that we took our time but saw every animal in less than 2 hours.
 |
| Outside the zoo. Our "waterfall" for the week. |
 |
| The babies with Sharon May. |
 |
| Kimball and the flamingos. |
 |
| This baby elephant was so cute. I just love seeing baby animals! |
 |
| Riding the elephant. |
 |
| I don't remember what these were, but they were kind of cute. |
 |
We felt very lucky that this tiger decided to take a nap where we could examine him closely. |
 |
| Posing in front of the red panda. |
I had a great time at the zoo. The babies were so good. Kimball was disappointed he couldn't pet any of the animals. I told him if he had been able to pet the tiger, the tiger would have eaten him.
No comments:
Post a Comment