Sunday, August 16, 2015

Trip to Palmyra

On Tuesday we took a family trip to Palmyra.  We have gone to Palmyra frequently over the last 2 1/2 years, but it has always been in conjunction with a visit to the temple.  We would take turns attending the temple while the other would take the kids to the various sites around Palmyra.  This time we decided to just visit some of the sites as a family and it was a lot of fun.

Our first stop was the Hill Cumorah.  It was overcast in the morning but the temperature was cool.







Rebecah has a beautiful smile, but when she wants to be
silly she can make some amusing faces as well.


I thought this picture was cute of Annika exploring.  She is such a little person.



We ate lunch at the park and the babies enjoyed swinging.


They are so cute I had to put two pictures of them in the post.
 The kids had never been to the Alvin Smith grave so we went there.

Beautiful Smiles all around.

See what I mean about Rebecah's personality shining through!

Martin Harris Farm.  Not the original house..it burnt down in the 1840s.
This house was built in the 1850s.  It is privately owned and not open for tours.
 I didn't get a picture of it, but we also stopped at the popular "Chill 'n Grill" for their famous ice cream cones.  A small cone has 4 large scoops of ice cream on it.  I got a 1/2 kiddie cone which was 2 large scoops.  Kimball and Joseph shared a small cone and Rebecah ordered a 1/2 kiddie as well.  Rebecah didn't finish hers. Kimball was a little disappointed to share with Joseph, but even with sharing Kimball couldn't eat all of his ice cream.

We ended the day walking around the temple grounds.
This is a view from the field behind the temple.
We had a really fun time.

No comments: