Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Six Months Old

The babies turned 6 months old last week.  The time just flies by so quickly.  The babies went to the doctor today and they are doing really well.  Here is a short update on each of them.

Annika is my bitty girl weighing only 13 lbs and measuring 25 1/2 inches in length.  She is in the 5th percentile for her weight.  She may be small but she is fiesty.  You definitely know if she is mad because she lets it be known.  She popped her first two teeth this month.  I wasn't expecting them so I'm not exactly sure when her first one poked through.  She is also doing really well at sitting independently and will sit for at least 20 minutes unassisted.  She still gets up once in the night, but that isn't too bad, especially if Joseph is getting up with her.  She is doing well with solid food, but I wouldn't say she is eager about eating from a spoon.  I didn't get a great smile out of her for her pictures, but she is still pretty cute.


 


Lincoln seems so much bigger than Annika.  Joseph and I were both really surprised at the doctor today when he only weighed 14 lbs 12 oz.  We were expecting him to be about 16 pounds.  I guess at their small size even a 1 lb 12 oz is a lot so he seemed a lot bigger.  He is broader than Anniks which is better than the other way around!  He is 26 inches in length so just a little taller.  Lincoln is still a Mama's boy and it really frustrates Kimball that I can pick up Lincoln and he instantly stops crying. Kimball wants that magic touch, but doesn't have it, yet.  We keep telling Kimball that within a few years Lincoln will follow Kimball around constantly and want to be just like his big brother.  Lincoln has gone from 3 feedings at night to just one and I feel like a new woman.  It is so nice to just get up once at night.  Lincoln is sitting unassisted, but he isn't as stable as Annika.  No teeth for Lincoln yet, but that is just fine with me.  As with Annika, he doesn't have much interest in food from a spoon, but he will slowly eat his food.



 

I can finally say that I have the babies on a semi-fixed schedule and it is great!  They finally nap at the same time in the morning.  They sleep anywhere from an hour and a half to 3 hours.  They don't always wake up at the same time, but I usually have a good chunk of time where I can actually get more things accomplished.  Having them sleep at the same time has been very liberating because I feel like I can carry on a more normal routine for myself.  I cringe on the days when I have to run errands or make visits and they don't have their morning and afternoon naps.  Such is life.

No comments: