Wednesday, April 8, 2015

April 6th, Fayette, NY

For Family Home Evening we decided to take a trip to Fayette, New York to visit the Peter Whitmer, Sr. Farm to see where the church was organized.  It was a little overcast, but it was a fun adventure for us.  The Whitmer farm is about 45 minutes from Palmyra so this was only our second visit since moving here.  The visitor's center has been updated since we were last there so it was nice to see how things had changed.

Kimball and Rebecah with the Whitmer cabin in the background.

Whitmer Cabin

View from inside.



Our entire family.

Upstairs:  looking at a replica of the Book of Mormon





Inside the Visitor's Center using the computers to herd sheep, churn butter, gather eggs, and plant and harvest crops.


Our outing was a fun way to commemorate 185 years since the church was organized at the Whitmer Farm. 

1 comment:

Music City Coffeys said...

I love reading about your family. I have one baby and I don't want to go ANYWHERE...Kimball looks SOOOO grown up (and so handsome) and I had no idea Annika had red hair...too cool.