Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Trip to the Dentist

Last week we had our annual trip to the dentist.  I don't enjoy going to the dentist because I'm always afraid of bad news, but we go yearly and I just pushed aside my stomach ache of nervousness.  The kids were SO excited to go to the dentist this year.  It was Rebecah's first visit and she did great.  At first she was a little hesitant and didn't want to sit in the seat, but after I showed her it was fun she hopped up and talked animatedly to the hygienist.  She and Kimball both had good reports and they were fast.  They were both excited about their special toothbrushes...Monster's Inc for Kimball and Princess for Rebecah.  My turn in the seat was a little longer than the kids, but with the same results...I'm cavity free for another year!

Rebecah all smiles from the hot seat. 

We are carrying on the Johnson tradition of having ice cream after visiting the dentist, but we added a twist this year. I decided that I wanted to try my new ice cream bowl that came with my KitchenAid mixer that I got last year so we did homemade ice cream.  It was the first time making ice cream and it was fun.  The ice cream bowl was amazing.  It was SO easy.  If you are contemplating buying one, I say "Go for it!"  The hardest part of the ice cream making process was keeping Rebecah's tongue back from the ice cream paddle as it rotated.  I was afraid her hair would get stuck in the paddle or that she would hurt her tongue.  Thankfully, there weren't any mishaps.

Our homemade ice cream...cookies 'n cream.

Showing off her pearly whites! 


No pictures of Kimball.  I don't remember why he wasn't around when the camera was out, but he missed the photo shoot. 

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That's great news! And I had no idea you could get a bowl to make ice-cream with the kitchen aid. I'm going to have to look into it!

Holley said...

Our kids just had their dentist appointments also. Alida's and Spencer's teeth were perfect, but Ammon has yet another cavity. And since it's on a tooth that already has a filling, he has to get a silver cap--again. It's frustrating! He brushes more often than his siblings, but his problem is really tight teeth. And through it all, he still loves going to the dentist! (Weird, but wonderful.) My appointment is next month. I hate going because the sound of the tools in my mouth is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Oh well. Maybe I'll steal your tradition and have some ice cream afterward.