Joseph was on call Easter weekend so that was a little disappointing. The good news was that he was home by 10:30 Saturday morning so we could do our egg hunt with the kids. We originally planned to do all Easter activities when Joseph was off Monday, but the weather was too nice to wait. It was a good thing we didn't wait because it was raining on Monday and the ground was pretty squishy.
Anyway, Joseph and I hid the eggs in our yard and then the kids went out to look for them. There was a little snow on the ground, but I couldn't convince Rebecah to put pants on until we went to the park.
| Digging an egg out of the snow. |
| Kimball smiling with his egg. |
| That's another one! |
| It's in there somewhere. |
| Doesn't she look cold? She would have said: "It's not cold, it's warm!" |
| Kimball looking across the yard for hidden color. |
After our egg hunt and lunch we took the kids to a park that is about 3 miles from our house. This is the view from the park bench. The park was right on the beach of Oneida lake. The day was beautiful...sunny with temperatures in the 50s. The kids had fun playing on the playground, but sand is enough like dirt that they spend most of their time digging in the sand.
| The sea gulls were pretty noisy so here Rebecah is waving her arms and shouting to scare the sea gulls away. |
| I love it when my kids play together nicely! |
On Sunday, we took Joseph to work about 5:45 am and we picked up up about 4:00 in the afternoon. We weren't sure how long he would be with us so I didn't plan a special Easter dinner for Sunday. It is too unpredictable to try to plan hot meals when Joseph is on call. We were lucky and even though Joseph spent a fair amount of time answering pages he didn't have to go back to the hospital.
Without Joseph, the kids and I had bunny rolls for breakfast and we watched some church video clips on the Resurrection. We attended church and had a quiet day.
On Monday, Joseph was off after working all weekend. We had our Easter dinner Monday and it was tasty. We had ham, potatoes, kale and pineapple. I also made a s'mores pie for dessert that was good too.
The best part about Easter was reflecting on the Atonement and Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for this knowledge that I have. Life would be so much harder if I didn't have the Atonement and knowledge of the Resurrection in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment