Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April Snow Shower

This morning we woke up to about 6 inches of snow.  I decided to shovel the driveway for Joseph before he left for work.  He tried to talk me out of it knowing it will be 50 degrees in a few days, but I didn't want him to get stuck.  Before long all of the neighbors were joining me so it wasn't as if I were the only person clearing my driveway.  I got the driveway cleared and went in to get the kids breakfast and ready for the snow.  When we went out again, less than an hour and a half later, at least 2 more inches had fallen.  The kids got to work shoveling the driveway...they had shovel paths all over the driveway with no rhyme or reason.


The beginning of the shovel paths.

Smiling for the camera.

If you look closely, you can see the snow angel I made
after I finished shoveling the first time.

Rebecah said "Take a picture of this!" so I did.

As you can see, it was still coming down.

We probably ended up with at least 8 inches of snow, but we are still below our winter average of 120 inches. This snow won't stick around long, but it was fun to enjoy the snow.  I haven't gone out in the snow much this winter because the cold makes my damaged nerve very sensitive and sometimes cramp.  Because I haven't been out much Kimball was surprised when I told him that I liked snow.  I guess I need to put my comfort aside more often and make sure I make memories with my kids.  We didn't make a snowman because it wasn't the right type of snow, but I did teach Kimball how to make a snow angel.



No comments: