Monday, August 27, 2012

Happy Birthday, Kimball!

Last week Kimball celebrated his 5th birthday. He was so excited about his birthday. He told me he wanted scones for breakfast so I made him white chocolate cranberry scones which he loved. I love this picture of Kimball, he is looks so happy anticipating his scone!
Here is another great picture of him blowing out his candle.
After breakfast, we dropped Kimball off at preschool and I returned two hours later to bring birthday treats. Kimball originally told me that for his birthday cake he wanted a mint cake, but later said he wanted to take mint cupcakes to preschool since I don't like mint. I thought it was thoughtful of him to think of me. I was surprised when I showed up with cupcakes and about 1/3 of his classmates said they didn't like cupcakes. I wasn't going to waste the cupcakes if they weren't going to be appreciated so I gladly took home the extras to give to my family. Kimball seemed happy that I brought cupcakes to his class. I picked Kimball up early again from preschool so we could spend the afternoon together since Joseph had a meeting Thursday evening.
Kimball in front of the birthday banner. I can't believe how grown up Kimball looks in this picture. We love him and we are so glad he is in our family!
With most of his presents. More than half of his presents were Lego in some form, but Kimball didn't mind in the least. He also got some money and a bike.
For Kimball's birthday dinner he wanted black bean tortilla pie and a red, white and blue cake. I made a red velvet cake and then the layer of frosting between the cake layers was white and the outer frosting was blue with white chocolate chips to garnish the top. Kimball loved it and the cake was yummy if I do say so myself. I really liked the white chocolate cream cheese frosting.

1 comment:

ionamin-W8FW8 said...

Kimball DOES look very grown up in the pictures! I can't wait to see him in the flesh!