Thursday, May 31, 2012

While the cat's away...

Over Memorial Day weekend I went to St. Louis for a Zimmerman family reunion and left my family at home. More about the reunion in another post, but here are all of the "fun" things I missed out on while I was gone. I'm not a water person so I really didn't feel too left out. Friday after Joseph and the kids dropped me off at the airport they went swimming at Dr. Allison's pool. They enjoyed swimming since it was so hot. On Saturday the went to Haw Creek Falls. (They had intended to camp overnight, but it was rather warm and Joseph decided it would be better to sleep comfortably at home than to sleep in a tent with the kids.) The Spring has been very dry so the falls weren't quite what they usually are, but there was still enough water for the kids to play and have fun. For lunch Joseph grilled hot dogs and the kids had a blast. One unfortunate event of the weekend was one of Kimball's fish dying. His smallest goldfish, Nestor, died and it was unexpected. They went to Walmart to pick up a new fish. The new fish is a calico goldfish. Who knew that there were so many types of goldfish...I sure didn't. Anyway, Kimball named his new fish "Acalica" probably because he heard Joseph say "it's a calico goldfish" and Kimball thinks this fish is a girl so he gave it a feminine ending. I thought it was rather clever. He must be picking up more Spanish than we realize!
Haw Creek Falls. The rock slab in the background usually has water spilling over it. Not the case currently.
Cleaning out the car after Haw Creek Falls
The family went to help the church youth group put flags up at the Cemetery. The family seemed to miss me but I'm glad that they had fun while I was gone.

No comments: