Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day. I felt very loved and special all day long and that is really what makes Mother's Day great. For breakfast I made red velvet scones and they were really tasty. It might become a tradition to make them every year for Mother's Day. After breakfast I got my present. Joseph and Kimball were both so excited about it that they didn't want me to wait. Joseph decided that for my present he would convert our computer room into a crafting room for me. We rarely use the computer in this room since we have wireless internet. Joseph put away all of the computer accessories and cleaned out the cabinet and turned the room over to me so I can have space for my craft and quilt projects. I really don't need an entire room and I tried to explain it to Joseph, but he wanted to "give" me this room. He put in air fresheners, a wedding picture and a family picture and on the table were chocolates! I told Joseph he can still study his scriptures in this room, but he said he would find somewhere else to do that so the room is mine. Now I need to make sure I have enough craft projects so the room doesn't go unused. Joseph was able to sit with us at Church, which is a huge treat! The Primary children, unfortunately, didn't sing, but both kids had a little craft for me that they made at church. For dinner, Joseph and I made chicken quesadillas and they were really yummy. For dessert I made a chocolate peanut butter mousse cheesecake and it was really good too. We are now eagerly looking forward to Joseph's birthday next week and then Father's Day. I don't have a room to give Joseph, but I have a few craft ideas up my sleeve for him!

No comments: