Sunday, May 6, 2012
Hike to Glory Falls
Yesterday we went on a family hike to Glory Falls. The trail was supposed to be 2 miles round trip, but to my best guess it was close to 2 miles in each direction. The hike took about 45 minutes each way and that was carrying Rebecah for a good portion of that time.
You can just see my blue shirt in the distance. This was on the way back and I was hot and tired from carrying Rebecah so I was glad I didn't have to worry about smiling!
Rebecah and me at the beginning of the hike.
We have had a dry Spring so the Falls weren't as exciting as they could be but it was still neat to see. Here is a view from the top of the falls. Usually it isn't safe to stand so close to the top of the falls to get pictures because the rocks are usually wet and people have been seriously hurt when they have accidentally fallen through the hole. The rocks were dry where we were so Joseph took a picture while I held on to the children!
The underside of the hole.
As you can see, the falls weren't much to speak of, but it was still a nice family outing. The kids and Joseph enjoyed touching the waterfall with their hands and getting splashed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment