Monday, September 5, 2011

Palmyra Day 3 & 4

The third day of our trip took us to Niagara Falls. I told Joseph I wanted to really go to Niagara Falls so we did. I wasn't too sure about riding the Maid of the Mist which is a boat that takes you up close to the Falls. Joseph did a lot of research on the ride before we went and we decided to skip the ride and just pay $1 a person to go to the observation tower. Well, over the course of the trip we kept hearing how Maid of the Mist was wonderful and we would be disappointed if we didn't ride it, etc. We gave in and paid $13.50 a person to ride the boat. Joseph and I both agreed that it wasn't worth the money but we can at least we won't say we wished we had ridden it. I didn't like it because I don't like being windblown and it was quite windy...I had forgotten to bring something to put my hair up ...I also don't like getting wet. We did enjoy our time there though. We enjoyed the observation tower and being close to the falls without getting wet. We were on the American side and I was glad because we were able to walk along the water and I don't think the Canadian side would have had that, I could be wrong though since we weren't there. I really liked walking with Joseph along the path. The water was very fast with a lot of rapids. We didn't get any pictures of this part...just movie. At one point we just sat on a bench and watched the water roar by. I'm glad we went, but if we ever go again we'll skip the boat ride.
After our return to Niagara Falls we attended the temple in the evening. On Friday we had a relaxing morning. We packed up and then found a park near the airport where we walked along the Erie Canal. At this park there were some cool trees that were down. I made Joseph take pictures of them.

No comments: