Monday, September 26, 2011

His/Her Weekend

Joseph took Kimball on a camp out this past weekend. That meant Rebecah and I were left home alone. I think that is the first time she and I have been home together just the two of us for more than just a few hours. Joseph has taken Kimball on errands with him or they'll be hard working men outside, but not for hours like it was over the weekend.

Rebecah and I didn't do anything earth shattering. We went on a few walks, she took a bath, we read stories, but we had fun together. I could tell she missed Kimball though. She would go look for him in his room at times.

Here is a cute picture of her from last week.



Kimball and Joseph had a great time on the Boy Scout camp out. Kimball was all energy and had no problem keeping up with the Scouts. He over heard the Scout Master give the date of the next camp out and is already talking about going. He did come home very tired and very covered in tiny, tiny ticks. I didn't think ticks could get so small. He was a good sport while we picked him over...I probably took 30 ticks out of his scalp alone and that was after Joseph had bathed him and gotten a lot off already.



Sleeping Kimball



Talking to me on the phone.





On a hike.



I started a new project last week. I'm converting the journals for Kimball and Rebecah into blogs. They will be private blogs that only Joseph, the kids and I will have access to, but this will enable me to print them into books every few years. Their journals are full of pictures too so hopefully they will have a fairly complete personal history of their growing up years. I got the idea from my sister, Heather, who prints her blog each year.

I finished a few quilts this week as well. One was a Christmas quilt that I started last year that I finally got around to finishing.


2 comments:

ionamin-W8FW8 said...

You're giving the quilt to your mother, right?

Holley said...

Have I have told you how impressed I am with your quilting? I really, really want to learn to quilt! How did you get started with it? I remember living where ticks were prominent when I was a child--not fun at all. Looks like your kids love the phone as much as mine do!