I made Kimball coffee cake to get his day off on the right foot. He loved it. He is also wearing his favorite outfit: his "blue 9 shirt" and his "blue tie shorts". He had been saving these clothes for a few days so he could wear them on his birthday. The two navies don't match, but Kimball doesn't care and always wears the shirt and shorts together. Rebecah and I decided that we would wear blue shirts and shorts as well.

In the morning we went to the Fire Station for a short tour. Kimball loves driving by the Fire Station every week on our way to the library. I kept it a secret where we were going until we pulled into the parking lot across from the Fire Station. Kimball was SO excited. He was a little shy around the fire men, but he definitely enjoyed exploring all of the trucks. The men were great in letting Kimball and his friends look at all of the trucks.
Kimball and Mom trying on the hats. The hats are a lot heavier than they look.

Kimball and Ruby in the back of the Fire Engine.

Rebecah riding Shot Gun.

Kimball in the driver's seat.

Joseph took the afternoon off from work and it was fun having him home. He brought a bunch of extra boxes home with him that were from work. He made a box tunnel that the kids had fun playing in all afternoon.

I love Rebecah's face in this picture. Her hair had completely come out of her ponytail so she is extra wild!

Opening presents:
Kimball had a blast opening presents and it didn't take very long. Sadly, Rebecah wanted in on the action, but Kimball wasn't willing to share. Rebecah had a major meltdown when Kimball opened the cards he got in the mail. She didn't understand why she couldn't open any. Maybe this means she'll get more into it when her birthday comes.
Here are a few pictures. (You can see his blue outfit really well in this picture.)

I thought this was such a cute picture.

Joseph and Kimball both were excited about this "Falling With Style" track set. Joseph exclaimed: "This will enable us to do so much more with the tracks!"

The Cake: Kimball had a few different ideas for his cake so I tried to fulfill as many of his cake requests as I could. He first wanted a green, yellow, and purple cake because those are his 3 favorite colors. Then he told me he wanted a chocolate chip cake with chocolate frosting. We came up with a white cake with chocolate chips inside. Sadly, even though I used mini chocolate chips the chips all sunk to the bottom. I did make a green layer and a yellow layer of cake. The outside was a chocolate pudding frosting. I just couldn't work purple into the cake, I tried, but the "purple" just looked like a dark brown. Sorry Kimball. He actually didn't even notice the lack of purple.
Here is the cake:


Kimball with his cake:

Candles lit:

Rebecah after she enjoyed some cake:

Kimball went to the doctor today. He had another clean bill of health. He is about 36 pounds and 40 1/2 inches tall. He got his school shots...3 of them...we were expecting 4 shots. He was so brave and didn't cry or move at all. I was so proud of him. Shots can be very scary. He had told me that he wanted to be brave like Sister Bear from the Berenstein Bear books. He had a little reward of M&Ms after the shots and that excited him. No more shots until he turns 12! Hurray!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Kimball! Sounds like you had an awesome time! I like that one of his favorite colors is purple because that's Ammon's all-time favorite color:) I always enjoy seeing what you guys are up to. Kimball sounds a lot like Ammon in many aspects; I bet those two would have a great time together.
Post a Comment