So, we are thinking that Kimball's run in with the hives was just some unexplained occurance and not related to peanuts at all. About two weeks ago we started Kimball on peanuts again. First it was just foods processed in the same facility as peanuts. Then we progressed to peanut oils and then to an eigth of a peanut butter sandwich, and then on to a full blown sandwich. He has done just fine with no itchies. We are all relieved that it wasn't peanuts. That wouldn't have been fun. As it was, Kimball still asked for peanut butter sandwiches multiple times a week even though he knew it might make him itch. I never gave in until we were ready to try a small sandwich.
Bring on the peanut butter! I had to stop myself many times from making desserts that had peanut butter in them because I knew I couldn't make something and not share with Kimball.
3 comments:
I love peanut butter!!! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't have any PB&Js. Kimball's one lucky dude.
Life without peanut butter would be similar to life without chocolate!
I'm so glad it worked out well!
Post a Comment