We have a friend from church who does construction contracting for his profession who is helping us install our carpet. He is helping us "after hours" so it is slow going at times. He and Joseph work together and Joseph is learning a new skill.
Joseph and I, mainly Joseph, remove the old carpet and pad and then install the new pad so when our friend comes he only needs to help with the actual carpet installation.
We carpet style we picked is the frieze which is quite popular right now. It is lush and so cushy!
We still need to do 2 small rooms and the hallway but we are close to being finished.
Here are some pictures.
Our old carpet. At the very bottom of the picture is were the couch was and that carpet is essentially new carpet but the rest of the floor is worn and matted down.

Joseph and Kimball hard at work prepping the floor.

Rebecah can a couple of run-ins with the carpet tacks and after that she was afraid to venture over the tack strips. I can't say I blame her. She would just stand on the safe floor and peek her head around.


The new carpet in Kimball's room.

This last picture has nothing to do with the new carpet, but Rebecah makes the best smile face these days! I just love her scrunched up face when she sees the camera come out.
No comments:
Post a Comment