Friday, May 13, 2011

Fast and Brave

As most of you know, I have a strong dislike for spiders. I have never been fond of them, but when 2 large spiders joined me for my showers, twice, when we lived in Alabama, that sealed the deal and I avoid the 8 legged creatures at all cost.

Saying that, I don't want Kimball or any of my children to be afraid of spiders. We have had quite a few spiders in our house latel, so Kimball took it upon himself to become the spider killer. Joseph told Kimball if he was signing up for the job he had to be fast and brave so the spiders wouldn't get away. Kimball is great! He finds a shoe and kills it...sometimes it takes many attempts to actually kill the spider, and then he'll get a tissue and clean it up. I do still kill a spider now and then if Kimball isn't around, but for the most part all we have to say is "Fast and Brave" and Kimball comes running. Kimball told me today that he is "The best spider killer!"

Rebecah has even started to participate. She will frequently grab a shoe and hit the floor and pretend spiders.

2 comments:

McKay Coffey said...

Haha! That's awesome! When I was a little older than Kimball, our Mom had me squash every inch-worm that I found on her flowers in the front yard. She said she'd pay me $0.01 for every inch-worm I killed. I made $7 in one day! Way to go Kimball!

Mom said...

What a great solution to your arachnophobia! Hooray for Kimball, the fast and brave!