Sunday, January 28, 2018

Rebecah's Birthday and Baptism

Rebecah turned 8 on January 7th.  It was a big day for her since she was baptized on her birthday.   Since her birthday was on Fast Sunday and she was going to start fasting we decided to have her birthday breakfast a day early and then things just evolved and we celebrated a day early. 

For the 5th year in a row Rebecah chose to have cheese danish for breakfast.  She loves it!

Rebecah decided that since it was her birthday she would spend the day in her pajamas.  We almost always get dressed every day so a pajama day was a big deal for her.  Since Rebecah was in her pajamas Lincoln and Annika followed suit.



For her birthday treat Rebecah wanted "dirt" with plenty of gummy worms.  In the picture above Rebecah has a fat lip.  She was playing with Lincoln and Annika and had a blanket over her head pretending.  Good brother that he is, Kimball ran into the room and tackled Rebecah and she cut the inside of her mouth.  It looked painful.

I love our Primary Leaders.  They frequently send me pictures when my kids are dancing cupcakes.  The birthday child can pick friends to dance with them while the rest of the Primary sings to them.  I thought it was sweet that Rebecah picked her siblings.  Kimball didn't want to participate so Rebecah chose a friend.

Baptism Day

Opening baptism presents...Scriptures, True to the Faith book,
 journal and a baptism scrapbook.

I learned a lot when Kimball was baptized...Kimball's baptism was a little stressful trying to get everything organized, plus we had my mom skype in for the baptismal service and I was the other speaker so it was a lot to do.  This time around I simplified and it was a wonderful service.  I organized it, but I didn't take a direct role in the program.  There were about 50 people in attendance and it made Rebecah and our family feel very loved.  

I made a variety of sweet breads for the refreshments and they were a hit.  We also had citrus punch.

The baptism service was at 6:00 in the evening.  We ate dinner at the church and the kids loved it.  It enabled us to fill the baptismal font without being rushed.  We took pictures and we were all ready for the baptism 30 minutes early.  We sure love our Rebecah and the choice she made to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  She asked her piano teacher and Grandma Bev to speak at her baptism and I thought it was sweet she included these wonderful ladies.  









No comments: