Sunday, February 4, 2018

January Events

It's always nice to have a calm January after a busy December.  The big kids headed back to school on January 2.  Lincoln and Annika started preschool on January 4th.  They go twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Are they really big enough for preschool?!?  I thought they might cry or not want me to leave the first few days of school, but they have done so well.  There has never been an issue with me leaving and they love school and their teachers.  Their class has 10 kids in it--8 girls and 2 boys.  They ask to go to school just about every day.  



First day of school and all smiles!


We have gotten a little snow lately so one day Joseph took the kids sledding.  They had a fun time and were gone longer than I expected.  It helped that the day they went was above freezing so it wasn't too cold for them.  Speaking of snow, as of February 2 our snow total for the year is 84.6 inches.  We are well on our way to exceeding our average of 123.8 inches because February is usually our big snow month and it isn't too unusual to have a big snow fall the first few weeks of March. 


Our little artist had a picture in the School district art exhibit this week.  The exhibit was at night in downtown Syracuse so Joseph took Rebecah while I stayed home with the other kids.  I just didn't think the mansion where the exhibit was would work with 3 little kids.  


























The little ones have taken more of an interest in coloring.  I love to watch them.


We honored Grandpa Johnson by eating his favorite cake on the 19 anniversary of his death.

Looking at books.  They love to look at books.  I just don't love them 
pulling every single picture book off the shelf!

Edie is such a fun girl and her personality is really developing.  She is now standing on her own and I have a feeling she will be walking soon.  

Here she is helping to bake and wash dishes.



With her favorite "guy".  She loves this colorful chameleon and she is becoming very attached to it.




No comments: