We spent the last 2 weeks in St. Louis spending time with my family. We had a great time. The next few posts will be about our adventures.
Our first item of business was a little birthday celebration for Rebecah. Her birthday is in January and she never gets to celebrate her birthday when we visit family over the summer and Kimball always does since he has an August birthday. Earlier this year I decided to make an effort to celebrate half birthdays in our family. It just so happened that Rebecah's half birthday...July 7...fell during our St. Louis trip. My mom and I put our heads together to come up with something to help Rebecah feel special. We had dark chocolate cake topped with hot fudge, caramel and cool whip. It was yummy! I didn't want to set a precedence for birthday presents on half birthdays so Joseph and I didn't give Rebecah anything, but my mom and Heather each gave Rebecah a small present. I just told Rebecah that mom and dad don't do presents for half birthdays.
 |
| Sweet Smile with her cake. |
 |
| Getting excited to blow out the candle! |
 |
| A Frozen book from Heather. |
 |
| A Dora dancing ribbon from my mom. |
Rebecah loved her half birthday celebration and I was glad that we could finally celebrate her "birthday" with family.
No comments:
Post a Comment