The kids and I went to two different parks the first week we were in St. Louis. I always love going to Suson Park. It is a great park with a nice play ground, pond, and a little farm animal zoo.
 |
Rebecah on the twisty seat. I'm not actually sure how to describe it, but you sit on it and it spins you around at an odd angle. |
 |
| Kimball's turn on the seat. |
 |
| Down the slide. |
 |
| I love Rebecah's facial expression here. |
 |
| Kimball and Rebecah on a climbing thing. |
My camera battery died just as we headed over to the animals so I had to use the camera on my phone. I only took a few pictures because the kids couldn't really pose with too many of the animals.
 |
| Kimball in front of the sheep and goat pen. |
The kids wanted to pose in each face cut out so there are 3 pictures with the same background but the kids are in different spots.
The other park we visited was Mastodon State Park. This has an average play ground and walking trails. I didn't bother taking any pictures on the play ground, but we took a few on our walk.
 |
| In the doorway of a little stone building. |
 |
| Posing by the creek. |
 |
| Kimball wanted me to take a picture of him looking at the creek! |
We saw some spotted fawns on our walk. We were really still so we could watch them. When the second one emerged, Rebecah got so excited she started shouting: "There's another one, there's another one. It didn't take long for the white deer tail to go up and they bounded away.
 |
| The first fawn we saw. |
We were lucky that both park days the weather was nice. I guess I should say the kids were lucky...if it had been too hot, I would have just stayed home. I have become spoiled with the nice weather in Syracuse and anything over 85 especially if it is humid is too much for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment