Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

I love Valentine's Day more and more every year.  It is so fun to plan the food and decorate and decide how we will make everyone feel loved.  This year I was so busy making the heart garlands that I didn't make the time to make very many valentines for my family.  I did remember to include a valentine in Kimball's lunch one day.

Joseph worked 2:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. on Valentine's Day so we actually celebrated on the 13th.  Kimball was excited to celebrate a day early --he even mentioned our early celebration to his school teacher.

We had a yummy dinner and a triple chocolate mousse cake for dessert.  The first night the cake was good, but it didn't excite me.  The more I ate the cake the more I liked it.  Everyone was disappointed when it was gone.  Rebecah especially has become a huge chocolate fan.  

I thought the layers were especially pretty.

With my two favorite little valentines.
Each year we give the kids small presents for Valentine's Day.  I really feel that the day is about loving our friends and family and not just the romantic love shared between a man and woman. We always include the kids in our Valentine festivities instead of making it just a couple thing.
Rebecah with her magi-clip Aurora.

Newest Magic Tree House book:  #51 High Time for Heroes.


Kimball reading his new book.  Can I just say it made my morning
when I saw him reading without being asked.  I really
want my kids to develop a love for reading.
Joseph and I were able to attend the temple together on February 15th so we still managed to get a date in and what better date than going to the temple together!





1 comment:

Chris and Katie said...

I adore Rebecah's long gorgeous hair! Such a pretty little girl!!