Saturday, June 22, 2013

Father's Day

Joseph had a good Father's Day, I think.  He said he had a good day.  The kids filled out Father's day questionnaires again this year.  I always love hearing their answers because I always know what has stuck out in their minds from recent events. Here are a few examples:
Joseph can run faster than a frog.  (We found a large frog in our yard a few days before Father's Day).
Joseph is really good a making money and likes being a PA.  (We had just taken a tour of the new operating rooms at the hospital the day before Father's Day.)  

Annette, Kimball and Rebecah posing under the restricted area.  It was fun seeing
the different operating rooms and aspects of Joseph's work life.  

Joseph with two of his favorite people.

Opening presents is always a family affair.

Joseph got a multi-tool and a nerf gun.  Now he and Kimball roam the
house looking for each other with nerf guns in hand.  
 Father's Day is always the day that Joseph tests my love for him.  He always asks for foods that just gross me out...last year it was cottage cheese this year it was deviled eggs and fish sticks.  I had never made deviled eggs because I'm not a hard boiled egg fan, and I probably haven't eaten fish sticks for close to 25 years.  At least Joseph hasn't asked for chili or meatloaf--I think he knows my love only stretches so far!  I had half of an egg and it was okay, but nothing great.  The fish sticks were better than I remembered, but they probably won't show up in our menu for at least another 25 years or another Father's Day.

Joseph did redeem himself with dessert.  Last year it was jello with Sprite mixed in it.  This year it was the oreo dirt dessert.  I got a recipe from my sister that included cream cheese and cool whip so it was much better than straight pudding which I'm not a huge fan of either. (I know this post makes me sound really picky, I would eat any of these things to avoid offending someone, but I would never choose to eat these things if I were given options.) The "dirt" was enjoyed by all and even the worms cooperated and spelled out "Dad".

I don't know why this picture didn't turn.  it was horizontal elsewhere.
.
We love Joseph and we are so glad he is our husband and father.  He is a great dad to the kids and he is always coming up with something fun for them to do.



1 comment:

Holley said...

This was so funny to me! Jake refused to ask for anything specific this year, but I think I did okay despite that. I also haven't had fish sticks in probably 25 years. Yuck! I did make deviled eggs the other day thinking that the kids would like them. I remember liking them myself. The kids would not touch them and I didn't like them as much as I thought I would either. You don't like chili? It's one of my favorites. My family gets sick of it, I make it so much.