Another St. Patrick's Day has come and gone. I made sure we celebrated the holiday with decorations even though we were still moving in. I think the third or fourth night in our house I told Joseph I needed holiday decorations up to make our house feel more homey. He indulged me and I quickly put up our St. Patrick's Day decor.
I did a few new decorations this year. Nothing fancy, but it added to the green cheer.
.JPG) |
Green tassels were a new addition this year. I love this idea that I
got from Kristin. I whipped 5 of them out in 5 minutes! |
.JPG) |
I also made these shamrocks to hang up. I originally intended these to be a craft for
play group but they weren't as "kid friendly" as I wanted. I'll just use the extra
shamrocks to make a garland of some sort for next year. |
.JPG) |
Rebecah and I hosted a St. Patrick's Day play group at our house. It was a lot of fun and this
was the craft we made. I love making crafts with my kids because it is fun to see what they
come up with. Kimball always tries to make his look like mine, but I added the hair and eyebrows
a few days later when I decided the face needed something more.
Leprechaun faces were super easy for the kids to make. |
With St. Patrick's Day on a Sunday, it was a littler harder to find green for everyone to wear. There isn't a lot of green in our Sunday wardrobes. Kimball and Joseph managed to get green in their ties. Rebecah had green in a flower clip and I didn't get green at all.
.JPG) |
Kimball's festive tie. I actually bought this tie for "dress up" at Target off the $1 aisle.
Joseph re-tied the tie so it fit Kimball in length and he was able to wear it for church. |
.JPG) |
| Our green table decorations...cups, shamrocks and table cloth. |
.JPG) |
| Our St. Patrick's Day feast. Kimball wanted to take a picture. It turned out pretty well. |
.JPG) |
| Another feasting picture. We had corned beef, Irish soda bread, kale and oranges. |
.JPG) |
We departed from our traditional green coconut cake this year. Kimball wanted a white cake so
I dressed it up by turning it into a jello-poke cake. I don't care for lime Jello so I discovered
that Jolly Rancher has a gelatin line so we had a subtle green apple flavor running through
the cake. Joseph really liked it. It was just fair in my opinion. It was green though. |
.JPG) |
Kimball made this hat at preschool and I thought it was super cute.
Maybe a potential craft for a play group next year. |
No comments:
Post a Comment