Sunday, March 10, 2013

New Favorite Vegetable

There are many vegetables that I haven't tried but I always love it when I DO try a new vegetable and absolutely love it.  Such is the case with Kale.  I didn't know much about this leafy green until I tried a Sausage Kale soup in January.  The soup was SO GOOD I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I made it for my family and they loved it too.  Since January I buy kale regularly and I could eat an entire bowl by myself if I didn't have 3 other people wanting their fair share.

Kimball was very excited when we read about kale and discovered that it is more of a cool weather vegetable and we might have some luck growing it in New York.  The only down side to growing kale would be that to eat kale 2-3 times a week one needs to have 3-4 kale plants PER family member.  I'll probably end up buying more kale than we harvest.

This is just a shout out for eating vegetables and trying new ones.

1 comment: