For those of you who may be avid Little House on the Prairie fans, you might recognize "As long as we're together" as a title to one of the episodes for the show when the Ingalls family moved from Walnut Grove for a time to the Dakota Territory.
The phrase, "As long as we're together" has been going through my mind a lot this past week. I must confess that it was sad leaving Russellville. Realistically, we probably won't have an opportunity to visit again and it was sad saying goodbye to our first house. We loved that house and we did so much to make it nice. It was hard holding back the tears as I drove away from that house. I just kept telling myself that it didn't matter where we lived as long as we were together as a family. I know that is true.
Saying goodbye to our Moms was the second hardest thing about our move. For the last 6 years we have lived about 6 hours from our family and it has been so nice to visit them 2-3 times a year. I think we all held it together pretty well and when my moms were about to lose it, I just told them we would still visit. If they had broken down, I wouldn't have been able to keep it together!
We arrived safely in Syracuse after a 3 day journey. The kids did remarkably well, so much better than Joseph and I were expecting. It helped that a few different people gave them various things to keep them entertained in the car...movies, books, coloring things. It was very helpful. Another big help was having Joseph's dad drive the moving truck and then help unload the truck once we got here. Rebecah loved having Grandpa with us and unfortunately she fell asleep in the car on the way to the airport and she didn't get to say goodbye to him. When she woke up and was aware of her surroundings the first question she asked was: "Where's Grandpa?" She missed him.
We will miss the friends we made in Russellville, but we know as long as we're together, we will be happy and we'll make new friends and buy a new house.
No comments:
Post a Comment