Thursday, October 18, 2012

Annette's Birthday

I celebrated my 33rd birthday while we were at my mom's house.  It was nice to spend my birthday with more than just my little family.  Mom's always seem to have a knack for making birthdays special.  My mom's birthday was the previous week so she kept up her birthday decorations for me.  Mom, Heather, Joseph and I all went to the temple together.  It was amazing being in the temple with my family.  It was a wonderful experience.

For my birthday, Joseph gave me a new dress that I wanted.  It was hanging up in the kitchen after I showered for the day so I quickly changed clothes.  I love my new dress.


In my new dress.

The birthday girl with my handsome husband.
For my birthday dinner I requested spinach burgers.  This is a recipe that I recently found and my family LOVES them.  I wanted my mom to try them, but I knew she probably wouldn't have the chance if I didn't request them for my birthday so that is what I did.  They were so yummy and my mom liked them too.  I also had my traditional chocolate truffle cake.  It was heavenly.  I told my mom I didn't need to take a piece home with me since we returned the Russellville the next day, but by the time dinner rolled around the following day I was wishing I had brought a piece with me.  The good news is that my birthday will roll around next year and I'll have another piece then!

Cake Time!

Good thing there were only 12 candles...I barely got them blown out!

I felt very loved and special on my birthday and I was glad I could spend it with my mom and Heather.  I hadn't had a birthday at home with my mom since I was a senior in high school...which was a long time ago...  Joseph enjoys reminding me that I'm getting old.

2 comments:

Chris and Katie said...

adorable dress!!

Holley said...

You are so beautiful! I love your dress (where did you get it?--seriously)! And I'm glad you had a great birthday. Spinach burgers sound kind of... good. Birthdays at home are the best birthdays--Moms can't be beat for making us feel special:)