We had a low key holiday weekend. On New Year's Eve we watched Cars 2 while we ate dinner and it was fun to have pizza, cheese ball and crackers and agua de horchata. (It was my second time making agua de horchata and it turned out much better this time. I added some coconut milk that I needed to use up and and it added a nice flavor although it probably made it less than authentic. Last time I made it Rebecah didn't like it she just cried for milk, but this time she begged for it!)
After we finished our movie we put the kids to bed at normal time and then Joseph and I went to bed at our normal time. We may be New Year's Eve duds, but when our kids still wake up at 6:00 a.m. there is no sense staying up until midnight just to be a zombie the next day.
On Sunday we only had 1 hour of church...long story, don't ask...we enjoyed spending the day as a family and for dinner we had leftover ham from Christmas and mashed potatoes since we I didn't make them for Christmas. The ham gravy was yummy!
We enjoyed Joseph's day off yesterday playing ping pong...hence the ping pong post.
1 comment:
I'm glad we're not the only "New Year's Eve duds". Jake and I have never stayed up. We value our sleep too much and our kids also get up at 6am!
Post a Comment