Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy. Day. You.

Rebecah loved her birthday, there is no doubt about it. What solidified this our minds was when she started singing Happy Birthday. She doesn't get all of the words in there so she sings..."Happy, Day, You!" It is cute to hear her sing it. So, Happy, Day, You to anyone that might be celebrating a birthday today.

Other highlights from the last few weeks...Joseph and I went bowling. I haven't been bowling since Joseph and I went with Joseph's siblings when Jonathan first got home from his mission...over 4 years ago. I was rather rusty but I ended up with a 67 and then an 81. Those actually aren't too bad compared to some other scores I have gotten. At least I improved my second game. Joseph bowled a 125 and a 115. It was fun to go bowling and sometime we'll take the kids but for this last weekend it was a date.

The kids and I also got around to decorating a gingerbread tree that was given to us before Christmas. We kept waiting for the perfect family opportunity but more important or fun family activities always interfered so the kids and I did it one afternoon when Joseph was working.



We went also went on a family hike recently to Mt. Nebo State Park. In Russellville it was sunny and in the mid 50s. On the top of Nebo, a mountain for Arkansas, it was much colder than we were prepared for. I don't mind hiking or walking but we were all cold and I was glad when we had to cut our hike short because Rebecah got into some water and we didn't want her feet to get too cold.

No comments: