Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mini-Reunion

We had a mini-Coffey reunion this past week at The Moors resort at Kentucky Lake. The weather was down right hot and since I'm not a swimmer or a water person it meant a lot of sweating...I mean sitting...watching the kids play in the pool.

The kids really seemed to enjoy playing with their cousins. Grandma Coffey had brought a fun Hotwheels track and gave each of the grandkids a new car. Funny story about Kimball's car. I put it in my pocket the morning we left to come home so it wouldn't get lost. I gave it to Kimball once we were on the road. When we got home we couldn't find it. We searched and searched the van but no car. I finally found his car in a box of vanilla wafers.


Playing with the cool track.

One morning we went miniature golfing. Kimball enjoyed hitting his ball and rolling it when his golf club wasn't "working". Rebecah enjoyed carrying her ball around.





I love Rebecah in this picture hunched over trying to drink from a water bottle!


There was a lot of pool time and Kimball really enjoyed the water. Rebecah took a little while to get comfortable with the water and even longer to get in her floatie. She loves to take a bath, but I guess the pool was just too big. Both kids enjoyed playing with Daddy, Grandma and Grandpa, Kristi and Nathan in the pool.

These first 3 pool pictures were taken from our iPod so they aren't the best quality, but they were still cute.






Since we were at a lake there was a nice beach area where we went in the afternoons. The beach was cooler than the pool so I didn't mind sitting there so much. Kimball is all boy and preferred playing in the sand instead of going in the water. I don't think he got in the lake water either time we went to the beach.


I love this shot of the kids both crouched down looking up at Joseph.

We also went hiking one morning at the Land Between the Lakes. It was nice to see a little of that scenery. On our hike we saw a small black snake...about 6 inches. We also saw 3 different lizards and a lot of mosquitoes. I have a greater appreciation for the term swarm! Thanks to bug spray we managed to come away from our hike with only 1 bite each...how's that for equality.


Group hiking shot.


Picture with Grandma and Grandpa.


Kimball and a lizard. You can see the lizard sitting on the top of the post to the left of Kimball.

I did brave the lake on two occasions. I let Joseph take me on a ride on a jet ski. My ride was 5 minutes and in my opinion...over-rated. I can only equate it to going for a motorcycle ride only on the water. Every time we turned I felt like I would fall off and when one doesn't know how to swim, that can be scary even with a life jacket on. Joseph and I also went kayaking one evening and it was fun to see a little of the lake that way. I tried to pretend that I wasn't nervous since the water was too murky to see the bottom. Kayaking was actually one of the activities I enjoyed most about our trip.

Each evening Kimball and his cousin, Karston (2 1/2), would wrestle each other in the living room. It was good for Kimball to have someone who has his same stamina for roughness. It was fun to see Kimball be the one who needed to take a break.

Next time we hope to be able to see more of our family because they were greatly missed.

No comments: