Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hives Part II

Here is a little update on Kimball's hives for those who are interested. Kimball didn't seem too itchy on Monday and his hives seemed to be lessening and then I gave Kimball his usual lunch which included an peanut butter sandwich. By dinnertime he was complaining of itching again and the hives started to spread again. Kimball was so miserable that he couldn't sleep Monday night so that meant Joseph and I didn't sleep much either. By Tuesday morning Kimball's entire body was covered in hives...head to littlest toe! I didn't take any pictures of his face because I felt so bad for him. Anyway, Tuesday morning Joseph decided it was time for a cortisone shot so that is what we did. Kimball tried so hard to be brave but cried and we told him that even though he cried he was still brave. Let's face it...shots hurt.

Within an hour he was so much better and everytime I would look at Kimball I would exclaim: "Kimball, you look so good!" He probably got tired of me saying it.

We are now going peanut free for a few weeks to see if Kimball has suddenly developed a peanut allergy. We are being really careful and we are even avoiding foods fried in peanut oil, etc. That is a hard concept for Kimball to grasp because he knows chicken fingers don't have peanuts in them. We will slowly reintroduce peanut products in a few weeks and see what happens.

We appreciate all who sent emails or called to help us out.

1 comment:

Holley said...

Poor Kimball! Our house would not function without peanut butter. I hope that it is working out all right for you. I've noticed that Spencer has a small reaction to peanut butter every time he's had some. I'm hoping he'll outgrow it. I'm glad Kimball is feeling better and hope he continues to do so.