I had never seen the movie Toy Story, yes, just the original one until New Year's Eve 2010. When the movie first came out about 15 yeas ago I remember not liking the animation. It was one of the first, maybe the first, Pixar movie and I just didn't like how it looked. Because I didn't care for the animation, I never saw the movie until 3 months ago when we gave it to Kimball for Christmas. It is such a cute movie and I really liked it. I also realized that a lot of lines from the movie were very familiar from people quoting it and I never knew what movie they were quoting.
A few weeks ago we rented Toy Story 2 and it was okay, but I'm not a huge Joan Cussack fan so Jessie wore me down after awhile. All in all it was a cute movie and the second time I watched it I liked it better.
As of last Friday, I have seen all 3 Toy Story movies within a 3 month period. The third movie was as cute as the first one and I really liked it. It was sad at the end though watching Andy give away all of this special toys. I have a special bear who went with me to college and I know right where he is sitting this minute. I'll probably always hang on to him just because he makes me happy.
I think the best part about all of the movies is the way Andy played with his toys because I think it was a realistic portrayal of how kids play...at least that is how Kimball plays. It is so fun to listen to Kimball play and talk with his toys, especially if he doesn't think we are listening.
I say: "Hurray for Toy Story 1, 2, and 3" If you haven't seen them I recommend them.
No comments:
Post a Comment