Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

We had a great Valentine's Day. It actually started Sunday morning because I made our Valentine breakfast on Sunday since we have more time. I made cinnamon rolls and they were yummy!

Yesterday Kimball asked me all day to set up the Christmas tree so we could decorate for Valentine's Day. I had to explain multiple times that we don't set up the big tree for Valentine's day.

Not our greated family picture, but we were lucky to remember to take it. As it was Cita's pants were already off for the night when we remembered.


We all wore red and had a nice dinner and cheesecake for dessert. Our family home evening lesson went perfectly with the day. We follow the Primary Sharing Time outline for our lessons so Kimball can hear the lesson twice. We talked about the family being central to Heavenly Father's plan. We ended the lesson by telling why we love each member of our family and then gave that person a gift.

Rebecah's gift was a purple chair. Kimball has a blue one just like it and we have had Cita's chair in our closet for months waiting for her to be big enough for it.

We could tell Rebecah felt so big to have her own chair because she was all smiles.


Kimball got Toy Story slippers and a little Hotwheel motorcycle.
Kimball asked all day to open his present. He actually rattled a list of what he wanted for Valentine's Day to me last week with 4-5 things on it. I tried to tell him that Valentine's Day isn't like Christmas where you get a lot of presents.


I love Kimball's expression here. He was so excited to get his motorcycle. He slept in his slippers last night and he said they were nice and squishy.


Joseph has a HUGE interest in the National Parks of the United States so he got a new atlas and a book on National parks. I got some new baking pans that I really wanted.

It was a great day and we were glad to celebrate the love of our family.

Joseph and I were supposed to go on a date Friday evening and the young women at church were going to babysit free for parents in our ward, but the babysitting was canceled because of our big snow last week so we didn't get our date. I was disappointed.

No comments: