Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

We had a fun Halloween this year. Kimball was really excited to dress up this year. We were going to be the Berenstain Bear family, but I couldn't find clothes for us so I was off the hook on dressing up. Since we weren't the bear Kimball said he wanted to be Tin Man. I borrowed a Tin Man costume from a friend so that was pretty easy. Rebecah dressed as a lion so she could be the Cowardly Lion and keep with the Wizard of Oz theme.

Tin Man Kimball


Cowardly Lion


Ready to Pounce


Together


Tin Man, Cowardly Lion and Annette


Wednesday evening we went to our Church social. There were Halloween games to play followed by a trunk or treat. Rebecah hadn't slept much that day so she zonked out pretty quickly once the action started. Kimball had a blast playing the games and getting candy and little action figures. The funny thing about little kids...they don't know the good candy from the "junk" candy. Kimball has happily picked out the Smarties, candy sticks or other yucky candy to eat first.

Cita sleeping through the party.


On Thursday the library had a special Halloween Storytime so Kimball dressed up again and Joseph took him and Rebecah to story time. Kimball enjoyed listening to the Halloween stories, singing songs and doing little crafts.

Our City Council decided to have trick or treating on Saturday instead of Sunday. I decided that I didn't want to have to answer the door so we left our light off and watched The Wizard of Oz to celebrate. Kimball sat through the entire movie and loved it.

I'm so glad Kimball doesn't really understand the whole trick or treating door to door thing because I'm dreading the year we actually have to take him around.

2 comments:

Holley said...

I understand what you mean about dreading the year you actually have to go trick or treating. Thankfully the ward's trunk or treat was plenty for the kids this year, but next year I think we'll do the REAL thing for the first time. Kimball and Rebecah's costumes are super cute! Glad you had a good Halloween!

Emily said...

so cute!! My boys really wanted to go around the neighborhood this year but luckily it rained and they only got to go around the block. It will come sooner than you think!