Friday, September 24, 2010

Mystery Solved

Kimball is currently working on potty training and we have decided he needs a little nudge in the right direction. We told him if he stayed dry all day we would give him a new HotWheel. That was incentive enough for him. He stayed dry the first day we mentioned a new car. Too bad he relapsed a little day two. Oh well. That happens...his day two incentive wasn't as exciting as a new car.

Anyway, yesterday he was playing with his new car all day and loving it. By dinner time it was lost and he was asking us to find it. Kimball, Joseph and I searched and searched and searched for this new car and we couldn't find it. We put Kimball to bed and I continued to search.

During our searching I found a different car that has been missing for probably 6 months. Kimball frequently asks where his red Daddy jeep is and we just tell him it's missing. He was so excited to discover it this morning that he forgot to ask about the new car he got for staying dry. Joseph and I continued to search all day.

A few moments ago, I sat down in our chair at the computer and I look in the cup holder and discovered the new car. Joseph sat in the chair all night last night and never saw it. I don't know how he could have missed it, but if he hadn't I wouldn't have found the Daddy red jeep. Now we just need to find the Mama Red Truck.

By the way, Rebecah turned 8 months a few weeks ago. She is doing well. She thinks it's a game to roll over but isn't crawling yet. She loves squash, carrots and sweet potatoes and tolerates everything else.

1 comment:

Holley said...

Rebecah is so cute! Could you come here and look for some of our missing cars? They are the only toys that ever go missing and I can't figure out what is happening to them! So glad you found the jeep though--it's great when something that was lost is found!