After 5 1/2 years of marriage, Joseph has finally told me his favorite dessert...Cherry Pie filling. I must admit relief and disappointment at this revelation. Relief to know what Joseph's favorite dessert is, but disappointment because it's just cherry pie filling.
This year I have tried to make more elegant and decadent desserts for the speical holidays through the year...Valentine's Day, our anniversary, Mother's Day, Joseph's birthday, Father's day, you get the idea. I have made multiple cheesecakes, fancy cakes and my newest recipe from my sister, Kristin, a Rocky Road tart. And Joseph admitted last night that none of them come close to boring cherry pie filling out of a can! He even rated the rocky road tart an 8 out of 10 on the good scale with cherry pie filling (here after CPF) being a 10! It took a moment for me to realize that the yummy chocolate tart was beneath CPF and when it dawned on me I stopped mid bite and said: "Wait a minute, you would rather have CPF over this dessert?" It was true.
I guess part of my disbelief is that I am a huge chocolate lover. I would never even consider eating CPF if anything else was being offered and if it was the only thing being offered, I would pass or eat some to be polite. Joseph doesn't have to share my love for chocolate, but surely there is some treat I can make that is better than CPF.
I now know what to fix Joseph for Valentine's day and his birthday. I'll have to start buying CPF.
Does anyone else share my confusion?
By the way, lest this appears like an angry woman venting about her husband, I wasn't upset with Joseph for having CPF as his favorite dessert, just really surprised. I laugh at the irony of it.
2 comments:
I think cherry pie filling is gross, and I would rather pass on dessert than eat it! You've got a strange husband!
That's too funny! At least it cuts back on the hard work of some of the fancier desserts;) Cherry pie filling isn't half bad on graham crackers--although I'd rather go for chocolate or cheesecake any day.
Post a Comment